9th Contemporary Music Composition Competition
Composing for young musicians
The Conservatoire à Rayonnement Régional (CRR) and the City of Boulogne-Billancourt are organizing the 9th Contemporary Music Pedagogical Composition Competition. The final round will take place on May 26, 2021.
Under the High Patronage of Mr Pierre-Christophe Baguet, Mayor of Boulogne-Billancourt, President of the “Grand Paris Seine Ouest” Territory, the competition is open to young composers of all nationalities, under 35 years old (on January 1st, 2021). Registration is free.
- The Boulogne-Billancourt Composition Prize: 2.500 €
- The Alain Louvier Prize, given by APEC for the best ensemble piece: 2.000 €
- The SACEM Prize: 1.500 €
- The YAMAHA Prize, for the best solo piece: 500 €
- The YAMAHA Prize, for the best piano duet piece: 500 €
Each contestant can submit only one composition, written for one of the following categories :
- A solo piece for Clarinet
Duration: 4 to 7 minutes
Advanced level (10 years of study)
- A duet for piano and either one of the following instruments
– Double bass
Duration: 3 to 5 minutes.
Middle level (6 years of study)
- A Chamber or ensemble musical piece, which can be conducted, for baroque period instruments at 415 Hz pitch, from 4 to 6 musicians, to be chosen among the following list:
– voice (maximum two)
– recorder (maximum two)
– violin (maximum two)
– viola de gamba (maximum two)
– a double manual harpsichord:
Lower keyboard: 8’ and 4’ stops
Upper keyboard: 8’ and lute stops
Pitch 415 HZ
Duration: 5 to 8 minutes.
Advanced level (8 years of study)